The “Sustainable Agriculture, Agribusiness and Value Chain Management in Thailand” is a one-week long professional development program, which has been designed to address the key issues dealing by the agriculturists and development professionals in other countries often with similar or different agro-ecological zones. At the end of this program participants are expected to be widen their views and understandings on modern and sustainable farming practices in different agro-ecological zones including low land or wetland ecosystems.
The overall content of this program will cover the following aspects/topics of shrimp farming:
- Panel Discussion on Modern & Sustainable Agriculture, Livestock and Aquaculture/Fisheries Practices in Thailand.
- Panel Discussion on Agro-Processing, Value Chain Management and Agricultural Marketing in Thailand.
- Visit the Model Farm under the Department of Agricultural Extension (DOAE), Thailand.
- Visit Fish Farm and Hatchery under the Department of Fisheries as well as the Poultry and Cattle Farm under the Royal Development Project in Thailand.
- Visit the Department of Agricultural Machineries and Equipment, Kasetsart University, Thailand.
- Visit Agro-food Processing, Packaging and Marketing for Value Addition (CDD under OTOP Project)
The delivery of the program will be participant centered combining plenary discussion sessions followed by different organizational and project/site visits, and a wrap-up plus group/individual action plan preparation session at the end. The panel discussion sessions will be comprised of class lectures, case studies and group discussions. Field visits will be a major part of this program, which will deepen the learning experiences and will provide a ‘live’ experience for the participants on how the farming practices are being pursued in Thailand and what are the roles of various government departments, farmers and research organizations. The actual duration of the complete training course is 06 Days.
This program is proposed to be conducted on 02 – 07 December 2019 excluding the time for International travel to/from Thailand. The medium of instruction of this program will be English. Where discussions are in Thai, such as during field or organization visits, a local Thai interpreter will be available to assist.
The Tuition Fee is USD 1,250 per participant which will cover all training related expenses. The tuition fee will not cover accommodation, airfare and meals.
For registration please click on Apply Button or contact to:
Dr. Md. Zakir Hossain
AIT Extension, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT)
P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathum Thani 12120, THAILAND
Tel: +66-8-169 40759 ; Fax : +66-2-524-6332