Mr. Chonlasin has over 25 years of experience in the fields of Capacity Building & Institutional Development, Human Resource Education, Monitoring and Evaluation and Strategic Planning and Management. Since late 1990’s, he has served as International Consultant and National Consultant (for projects in Thailand) for World Bank, Asian Development Bank, USAID, GIZ and UN Agencies funded projects. The development sectors he worked on the consultancy assignments are: agriculture, energy & power, water resource management, environment and natural resources management, marine / fisheries resource management, public works and infrastructure, health, animal health and veterinary service and education and pre-service training.
During 2020-2023, Mr. Chonlasin works as a National Consultant for Capacity Development Technical Assistance on Climate Change Adaptation in Agriculture for Enhanced Recovery and Sustainability of Highland. The assignment is funded by ADB and Japanese Fund for Poverty Reduction.
In 2020, Mr. Chonlasin developed the DEMER Model. The model helps project monitoring and evaluation (M&E) organizations to integrate Learning - known as MEL, into the M&E plan. DEMER is an enabler to solidify development results and to scaling up impacts of the projects. During 2017-2019, he led the impact evaluation team to manage impact evaluation activities of the IKEA’s Foundation and the Special Olympic International’s social inclusion project for persons with disabilities in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Thailand. He also carried out consultancy services to the World Bank’s Capacity Development in Hydropower Sector and in Public Works and Transport; Lao PDR, Pre-service Training in Health Sector; Cambodia, Public Works and Transport; Lao PDR and Higher Education Quality Assurance, Bangladesh.
2016-2017, as a Consultant, worked on consultancy Project Exchanging Information and Creating Awareness in a Structured Basis Between Peak Water Resources Bodies in ASEAN. The project aimed to engage water resources management peak bodies in 10 ASEAN countries to share information for regional policy formulation. The project was funded by ASEAN Secretariat.
In 2013-2015, he served as National Consultant to conduct Mid-Term Review of SEAFDEC-Sweden Collaborative Project. Carried out FAO/GEF/SEAFDEC Regional Training on Project Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation for REBYC-II CTI Project, and implemented the capacity building program SEAFDEC-Sweden Result-Based Project Monitoring and Evaluation.
During 2012-2014, Mr. Chonlasin was the Team Leader of the consultancy project to strengthen the capacity of veterinary service of national animal health laboratories in Cambodia, China, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand. This assignment was under Veterinary Service Pathway funded by World Animal Health Organization (OIE), FAO and USAID. Involved with Pact Thailand under USAID’s Mekong Partnership for Environment to studyEnvironmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Policy and Regulation in ASEAN countries. The assignment was to identify Point of Entry to address EIA policy gaps and provide recommendations for narrowing gaps of the EIA practices in ASEAN countries.
During 1999-2001, associated with the Mekong River Commission (MRC), his consultant team developed the Strategic Human Resource Development Framework for water resource management institutions.
- Capacity Development Needs Assessment
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning of Development Projects and SDGs programs
- Strategic Planning and Management
- Human Resource Development
- Result-based Management and Monitoring & Evaluation
- Quality Management and Quality Assurance in Higher Education
- Performance-based Management in Public Sector
- Business Integrity Training and Capacity Building
- Community Development, Social Safeguard and Social Inclusion
- Director, Business Development, AIT Extension, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT): Initiate capacity development programs and design knowledge and skills transfer products for international development funding agencies, government agencies and corporate sector. Lead implementation of international / regional training programs and capacity building consultancy services.
- Senior Program Specialist, AIT Extension, AIT: Design human resource education programs and staff capacity building strategies to address technical and management competencies of staff and employees of organizations. Design knowledge transfer solutions and develop organizational learning tools for organizations to integrate and use in human resource development functions. Lead development of long-term strategic plan for staff development and lead implementation of training, on-the-job training and capacity building activities.
- Technical Expert of AIT Extension, AIT: Project design and development in the areas of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, Quality Assurance in Education, Public Sector Management, Performance-based Management, Training & Development / Learning Organization and Organization Development and Institutional Strengthening.
- Consultant: Worked with Project Evaluation and Project Appraisal of Pal Consultant Company Ltd. in Thailand. Implement consultancy services on Feasibility Studies and Environmental Impact analysis of irrigation projects, flood management projects, water supply projects, power plant projects and agriculture development projects. The projects were funded by the World Bank and ADB.