Professional Development Program on Community based Financial Inclusion and Microfinance, 20th- 31st March 2017
This two week tranining program is designed to provide concepts and practice of Financial Inclusion and Microfinance aswell as to provide a holistic perspective to practitioners. The program is ideal for entry level and middlemanagement participants from financial institutions and banks operating or opening a microfinance desk.
VENUE: Asian Institute of Technology Conference Centre, AIT Campus, Pathumthani, Thailand
DATES: 20 -31 March, 2017 both days inclusive
- To understand and appreciate the concepts of Financial Inclusion and Microfinance as well as to practicethem in their work place better
- To learn how microfinance helps livelihoods through Micro Enterprises and Job Creation
- To understand risks better and learn techniques to mitigate them
- To manage finances better and add up to the bottom lines
- To help in innovating new products and set interest rates
- To better understand issues such as Governance, Gender etc.
- To manage microfinance institutions better
- Entry to Mid level Managers from Institutions involved in Financial Inclusion and Micro Finance likeBanks, Banking Institutions, Micro / Financial Institutions, SACCOs, CBOs / NGOs and
- Policy Makers from Governments of countries in Africa, South Asia, South East Asia and Far East.
- Real time experience sharing through field visit case studies / special guest lectures
- Financial Inclusion / Microfinance & Livelihood Finance
- Behavioral Economics of the Poor and Financially Excluded
- Microfinance Resources, Access to Finance & Delivery Channels, Structures
- Microfinance Products, Product Designing & Interest Setting
- Using Technology
- Risk Management in Microfinance
- Managing Microfinance Institutions (MFIs)• Sustainability, Ethics & Governance of MFIs
- Discussion on Regulations in countries of participants
- Impact on Livelihoods, Enterprise Creation and Social Performance
- Challenges, Bridging Gaps & Looking Beyond MFIs
- Transformation of MFIs
- Various Experiments & Experiences in the sector
- 8 days of class room study and 2 days of field visits covering 3-4 real time and relevant case studies.
- Deliberations, Discussions, Exercises, Field Visit Case Studies, supported by classroom lectures.
- Fully Interactive• Course Medium is English
For more information on the course please click here
COURSE DIRECTOR: Dr. Sundar Venkatesh
COURSE COORDINATOR(S): Ms. Kluaymai Thongkham and Ms. Farah Nashid Hossain
Ms. Kluaymai Thongkham
AIT Extension, Asian Institute of Technology,
PO Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120,Thailand
Telephone: +66 25246501/2 (office)+66 890213767 (mobile)
|Brochure Microfinance 20-31 March 2017.pdf||3.92 MB|