Gender and Development
This course description is indicative, and only for reference purposes. The course is not scheduled unless advertised in our calendar. If you are interested in this course, or require a customized course that is similar to this, please note that fees start from USD 25,000 for a two-week course. This fee is for a customized course for ten or fewer participants. For additional participants, the fee is USD 2500 per participant.
For these fees, the client may customize the course to the precise needs of the client's organization. Scheduling will be in consultation with the client.
Objectives of the course:
The training course aims to broaden perspectives of the participants on nature, culture and social norm of gender inequality and to enhance their analytical skills on how to integrate gender issues in formulating right approaches in development programs / projects.
Development and Public Administrators, Planners, Extension Officials, NGO/INGO Workers, Local Change Agent, etc.
Module 1: Gender Issues and Development
- Culture and Societal Issues of Gender Inequity
- Gender Analytical Framework
- Gender and Natural Resource Management
- Strategies, Approaches and Appropriate Technology for Women Development
- Gender and Good Governance
- Planning and Integrating Gender into Development Process
Module 2: Women Empowerment
- International Policy and Legal Frameworks
- Capacity Building Strategies for Women
- Participatory Development for Empowering Women
- The Gender Gap in Work places
- Women and Informal Sector
- Development of gender-oriented income generation, micro-credit, small enterprise and marketing development
Module 3: Technical Field Visit
Field Visit to some successful women development projects initiated by government agencies as well as non-governmental organization